The 40 issues we discovered from Week 2 of the NFL season:
1. It appears we’re on the level of the season when fan bases soften when quarterbacks like Jimmy Garoppolo and Josh McCown get injured.
2. And it’s solely Week 2. Yikes.
three. We’re guessing LeBron James didn’t understand the Browns have been taking part in in Cleveland. He was in L.A. for the Rams sport. Huh?
four. The Los Angeles Rams and New York Giants received video games with out scoring offensive touchdowns. The league actually must loosen up the principles for the offense on this league. #kidding.
5. Bengals vs. Steelers was extra civil than any of us thought it will be — some would even say it was a yawner — however go away it to Adam “Pacman” Jones to offer some emotion post-game: “We’ll see them (expletive) once more. Cannot wait till we see them once more. I take my hat off to Pittsburgh at present.”
6. Panthers QB Cam Newton, as is his admirable behavior, gave a ball to a child within the stands after what he thought was a TD move. However the rating was overruled. So does the younger fan get to brag he has the ball from a Cam incompletion? #justwondering
7. Cowboys WR Cole Beasley: The extra we see him, the extra we like him.
eight. The Browns put up a Jim Brown statue exterior the stadium. We’re shocked — that it took that lengthy.
9. To say Giants WR Victor Cruz stole a victory for the Giants just isn’t an understatement.
10. Ryan Tannehill had bother along with his helmet communication Sunday. In New England. Who would have guessed that?
11. Marcus Mariota > James Winston.
12. For the document, the Patriots have been the primary staff to attain in Sunday’s early video games, a Jimmy Garoppolo to Danny Amendola landing move.
13. Simply after we thought the Lions have been headed in the correct route, they lose a sport they need to have received. Possibly it was the 17 penalties. Possibly it was Jim Caldwell’s determination to punt on a fourth-and-2 from the Titans’ 39. Add all of it up and it says: Standard Lions.
14. Drew Brees handed Dan Marino for third on the all-time passing yardage checklist.
15. However his subsequent move went to WR Tommylee Lewis for minus-1 yard, dropping him again right into a tie with Marino.
16. He finally handed Marino, after all, nevertheless it sums up Brees’ day completely.
17. The Giants and Saints scored greater than 100 factors after they performed final season and mixed for greater than 1,000 yards of offense. After which there was that offensive — and, sure, we imply offensive — present they placed on Sunday. Go determine.
18. QB Kirk Cousins and Jay Gruden had a closed door assembly after the Redskins’ loss on Sunday, in keeping with a number of experiences. Exchanging numbers to allow them to be in contact subsequent 12 months?
19. Assume Gruden needs Washington had stored Alfred Morris, who scored the game-winning TD (for the Cowboys) at FedEx Area on Sunday?
20. Rex Ryan’s seat is hotter than atomic buffalo wings.
21. However maybe not as scorching because the seat Gus Bradley is occupying in Jacksonville.
22. And the Colts are Zero-2 for the third straight season, so if we have been Chuck Pagano, we wouldn’t precisely be making any long-term actual property investments within the Indy space.
23. The Vikings discovered a brand new QB in Sam Bradford, however sadly misplaced RB Adrian Peterson for what might be a very long time. That’s the true definition of bittersweet win.
24. Is your favourite staff Zero-2? Solely 12% of groups which began with two losses traditionally make the playoffs.
25. And, sure, the percentages worsen when your staff loses once more subsequent week.
26. Dak Prescott’s speeding TD was the primary by a Cowboys QB since Tony Romo in 2012. Tony who? Sure, we understand a number of the youthful followers won’t bear in mind Romo since he’s by no means on the sphere.
27. Wes Welker confirmed up in New England with a Tom Brady masks. We have been hoping somebody would present up in a Gisele masks and yell at him for dropping that move in opposition to the Giants within the Tremendous Bowl XLVI.
28. In case you assume D.C. is worried in regards to the new President — irrespective of who wins — that angst is nothing in comparison with the Redskins being Zero-2.
29. We see there was one other packed home in San Diego. It was simply lots of them have been dressed as empty seats.
30. Hey, Jared Goff received to put on a uniform.
31. Um, that Seahawks offense (15 factors) the primary two weeks. (Holds nostril).
32. The David Amerson intercpetion of Matt Ryan in the long run zone with Raiders up 14-13 within the third quarter was candy.
33. Aqib Talib can drive the Broncos loopy with a few of this antics, however that fourth-quarter pick-six of Andrew Luck was the rationale they continue to be loopy about him.
34. That is attention-grabbing. Ben Roethlisberger’s passer score by goal. Week 1: Antonio Brown 150.Zero; All Others 87.7. Week 2: Antonio Brown 9.three; All Others 107.9
35. Due to ESPN for this nugget: The Cardinals now have 5 pick-sixes during the last two seasons, probably the most within the NFL over that span.
36. Good to see soccer again in L.A. Except you might be in St. Louis.
37. In case you noticed Frank Gore tip-toe the final 5 yards down the sideline in Denver for a landing within the fourth quarter, you’ll have thought he was auditioning forDancing with the Stars. Even Von Miller, the opponent Sunday, needed to recognize these steps.
38. Rams wins this season: 1. Rams touchdowns this season: Zero.
39. Oh, Raiders, you proceed to tease. After which after we open our hearts, you lose video games to the Falcons? At dwelling? In case you maintain this up, we’re going to pack our luggage and transfer to Vegas. You wouldn’t dare comply with us there. Wait, what?
40. Roger Goodell, who has been recognized to say simply the fallacious factor at simply the fallacious time, had some good issues to say in regards to the gamers’ nationwide anthem protest on Sunday. So there’s that.